Friday, June 25, 2010

Sure, let's talk. But only if you agree with me!

Do you find yourself ONLY reading news items that you agree with?  Do you only watch news shows that 'slant' the news your way? 

Read this fascinating article on Confirmation Bias. It bogs down a little near the beginning, but stay with it.

Confirmation Bias (YouAreNotSoSmart.com)


Thinking back, I now realize I am more likely to finish reading articles that I agree with. I'll be making a conscious effort to read ALL of the articles I start, regardless of the content. I already make an effort to read articles I know I won't agree with. I want to see ideas from different sides.

Do you find you read only articles/books that you agree with? Do you read (and finish!) articles/books you disagree with?

No comments:

Post a Comment